Footy School &
Stopsley Sharks F.C.
Stopsley Sharks Football Club Constitution & Team Rules
1. Team: Stopsley Sharks Football Club
2. Our Objectives: The objectives of Stopsley Sharks Football Club shall be to arrange football matches with its supporting league and arrange social and fund raising activities for its club members where possible.
3. Status of Rules: These rules form a binding agreement between each member of Stopsley Sharks Football Club.
4. Rules and Regulations: Stopsley Sharks Football Club shall have the status of an affiliated members of The Football Association by virtue of its affiliation to Stopsley Sharks Football Club and its affiliation to the Bedfordshire Football Association. The Rules and Regulations of the Football Association and Bedfordshire Football Association shall be deemed to be incorporated into the rules. Stopsley Sharks Football Club will also abide by The Football Association Safeguarding Children Policies and Procedures, Respect Codes of Conduct, Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination Policy.
5. Membership: Any person, who wishes to be a member/player, must complete a new starter membership form and submit it to either the coaches or league liaison. Membership is at the discretion of the team coaches. The list of members will be maintained by the person appointed as league liaison. In the event of a team member’s resignation, their name will be removed from the membership list. All team members are expected to be available for training sessions, scheduled games and events where possible. In the event of non-attendance, parents must inform the Coach and/or league liaison as soon as possible.
6. Subscriptions and other fees: A monthly subscription of £20 is payable by each member of the team to enable the running of the team and it’s training. A registration fee, on an annual basis of £10 is payable and shall be paid on a successful application for team membership. Fees shall not be repayable.
7. League membership: League membership shall be determined by the Coach on an annual basis. In 2019 we have joined the Chiltern Sevens league, Bedfordshire, which plays on Saturday mornings.
League games will be played on Saturdays as directed by the League. Times can vary depending on away or home fixtures and availability of opposing team.
8. Games: Friendlies will be organised as local as possible; however this will depend on opposition availability. Home games - all parents are expected to be involved in setting up and setting down on the day where possible. Side line ethics shall be observed and are in accordance with the Football Association grassroots guidelines. Coaching from the side line is not allowed under any circumstances but encouragement and support for all players (including opposition) is welcomed.
9. Communication and social media: All information is shared via the team’s WhatsApp group and direct email. All parents of team members will be added to the group on membership to the team. There is a team Facebook page with various updates that will be posted on a regular basis: https://en-gb.facebook.com/StopsleySharksFC/
Any posts to this page will be moderated by the clubs liaisons, Chairman, Secretary etc. All parents of team members should be aware of and take into consideration any personal preferences and league rules when seeking permission to post on the team timeline.
10. Kits: All team members will receive a home kit prior to match day (and where possible/applicable an away kit). Kits should be maintained by the parents of the team member and be worn to all team games and events. Kits shall be returned if a team member leaves the team.
11. Team finances: A bank account shall be opened and maintained on behalf of the team. 3 designated account signatories (the operators) shall be able to manage the account. All monies payable shall be received by either, the Chair, Treasurer or Secretary and deposited into the team account. The income and assets of the team shall be applied only in furtherance of the objects of the team. The operators shall have the power to authorise the payment of remuneration and expenses to team volunteers and other persons for services rendered to the team. The team will prepare quarterly statements and present to the clubs board for Stopsley Sharks Football Club at their quarterly meetings.
12. Fundraising: In addition to monthly subscription and other fees, funds shall be raised by the team through volunteering and other events. All parents of team members are expected to donate prizes as and when required and possible. Monies raised shall be deposited into the team account and will be used to purchase assets for the team (e.g. kits and equipment) and pay for season events for the team members.
13.Dissolution: A resolution to dissolve the team shall be proposed by the Coach and board in discussion with all parents of team members. The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the Coach and board members (and other volunteers) shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of the team. Any surplus assets remaining after the discharge of any debts and liabilities of the team shall be transferred to Stopsley Sharks Football Club who shall determine how the assets shall be utilised for the benefit of the Club. Alternatively, such assets may be disposed of in such other manner as the members of the team/board with the content of the parent association shall determine.